users@glassfish.java.net

Re: RFH: automated mail processing?

From: Markus KARG <markus.karg_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 19:12:25 +0100

Where's the problem? I know at least two ways for automated mail
processing in Java EE:

(1) Java EE allows you to query for a JavaMail resource. Using that, you
can check your mail inbound using POP3. If you do that in a timer (e. g.
from inside a MDB) it should be no problem to regulary process your mail
inbound.

(2) Java EE allows you to attach to a JavaConnector. There should be
SMTP connectors on the market that serve as SMTP receivers and push a
MDB in your application.

Both is 100% pure Java EE and a straightforward solution. I cannot see
anything bad here.

Either way, as soon as an email was processed, an MDB will be triggered.
>>From that point, all the rest should be a breeze. If you need help, just
write. :-)

Have Fun
Markus