users@glassfish.java.net

Re: javax.management.MBeanException - Glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 18:35:20 PST

As mentioned above, we added the clear() method to org.apache.commons.beanutils.MappedPropertyDescriptor.java in an effort to fix a WebappClassLoader memory leak.

We added this method to the org.apache.commons.beanutils.MappedPropertyDescriptor.java in the version of commons-beanutils.jar that ships as a binary dependency with GlassFish.

This method has not (yet) been ported to the official commons-beanutils, which is why when you add an official version of commons-beanutils.jar to the appserver's classpath prefix, you get the

  java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.commons.beanutils.MappedPropertyDescriptor.clear()

To avoid this kind of conflict with any official and more recent commons-beanutils.jar added to the appserver's classpath prefix, we started (as of SJSAS 9.0) prefixing the org.apache.commons.beanutils package that the appserver depends on with com.sun, so the resulting package name that the appserver uses is com.sun.org.apache.commons.beanutils.

Any chance you could upgrade from 8.x to a later release?

Jan
[Message sent by forum member 'jluehe' (jluehe)]