users@glassfish.java.net

Re: please recommend a small-scale replicated database.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 17:12:47 PST

> h2 does something similar with JGroups. The data can
> be persisted to
> files, which is something we need, but it can't
> handle recovery when
> the nodes restart. I'd have to figure out which node
> contains the
> latest resvision myself.

Interesting. Shoal provides for a recovery server selection notification whereby as long as the failed server's resources are accessible remotely, another surviving instance can recover the resources of a failed member.
This could come in handy for such a use case.

> We have been trying to keep things
> container-agnostic, but that might
> change down the road :-)

The nice thing is that with Shoal being a 100% Java library, is portable as well since you can use it with any container (or for that matter as part of in any Java application).

Thanks for sharing your project's requirements in a bit more detail. Certainly helps our thinking about possible use cases.