users@glassfish.java.net

Datasource failover

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 10:27:18 PST

Hi,

We have a mysql master slave setup. Writes to the master are replicated to the slave. We would like to be able to switch to the slave if the master fails. Is this possible to do with Glassfish or perhaps through the jdbc driver? I know that you can get load balancing from the mysql jdbc drivers but unfortunately I haven't been able to figure out how to only use the slave after the master fails. Since we cannot write to the slave unless the master has failed I really need this behavior. It would also be nice if you could have read only transactions that will use the slave to even the load between the two databases.

Thanks!
[Message sent by forum member 'woel' (woel)]