users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Strange problem GF2 and PostgreSQL

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 18:46:21 PST

I am also running into the same issue with the PostgreSQL 4.0 driver, Java 6 and glassfish-v2-b58g.

Bug 2779 suggests to use javax.sql.DataSource, but I am already doing this:

asadmin create-jdbc-connection-pool --datasourceclassname org.postgresql.ds.PGSimpleDataSource --restype javax.sql.DataSource --property portNumber=5432:password=secret:user=someone:serverName=localhost:databaseName=dbname MyPool

I also tried

asadmin set domain.resources.jdbc-connection-pool.MyPool.JDBC30DataSource=true

No luck. "CLI137 Command set failed.", and a log message

javax.management.AttributeNotFoundException: JDBC30DataSource

So, how do I use PostgreSQL with GF? I can use the JDBC3 driver if that solves the problem, but I cannot go back to JDK 1.5.

Thanks,

Cay
[Message sent by forum member 'cayhorstmann' (cayhorstmann)]