users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to bind my MDB to a Non-JMS Resource Adapter?

From: Dies Koper <dies_at_jp.fujitsu.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 09:55:20 +0900

The problem was your <resource-adapter-mid> definition after all.

You wrote in sun-ejb-jar.xml:

   <ejb>
     <ejb-name>MailMessageDrivenBean</ejb-name>
   </ejb>
   <mdb-resource-adapter>
     <resource-adapter-mid>mailra-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</resource-adapter-mid>
   </mdb-resource-adapter>

It should be:

   <ejb>
     <ejb-name>MailMessageDrivenBean</ejb-name>
     <mdb-resource-adapter>
       <resource-adapter-mid>mailra-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</resource-adapter-mid>
     </mdb-resource-adapter>
   </ejb>

You could try filing a bug (enhancement) to have the verifier, or even
normal deployment, to do a proper DTD check on sun-ejb-jar.xml and pick
up such things.

Markus KARG wrote:
> I sent the modules directly to you. Since it is a pre-alpha I do not
> want to publish it in the mailing list.
>
> Dies Koper schrieb:
>> All looks good..
>> Except for the errors in the log of course.
>>
>> May we see your application (both MDB and RA)? The EAR/RAR/xx modules
>> you deployed are fine, no need for source or NetBeans project files.
>>
>> And it is dinner time for me, I'd look at them tomorrow.
>>
>> Markus KARG wrote:

>>> There is neither of that. I do not use ejb-jar.xml at all, and here
>>> is the complete code of the MDB:
>>>
>>> @MessageDriven
>>> public class MailMessageDrivenBean implements MailMessageListener {
>>>
>>> @Override
>>> public void onMail(final Mail mail) {
>>> // Do nothing for now, since this is only a sample.
>>> }
>>>
>>> }
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>> Markus