users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Thread deadlocks in TopLink after commit ???

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 19:49:42 PST

Thanks marina, actually that was the first thing I did, I installed GlassFish V2.1 branch (Build 18 24-January-08), hopping it will solve the issue, but I had no luck. Now I read that post carefully, and there was one solution proposed: avoid merge of complex graph objects, so now I'm on the process of changing the remote interface, where I send 'Alarm' objects through method params; now I'm sending only the id of the 'Alarm', and the first thing I do is "em.find(Alarm.class, idAlarm)"; I hope this will solve the problem, I´ll post the result.

Just one question marina, reading the logs and the exceptions, do you think it's a bug in glassfish, or it's a problem with my code, cos there is something wrong, i mean, is it that easy to force a deadlock?, I mean, could you think a sequence of operations that could lead to a situation like this, only dealing with MDBs and stateless session beans, that just do em.find, em.flush, em.remove, em.persist, em.merge and send JMS messages to a Topic???

Thanks for your help!
[Message sent by forum member 'abelmj' (abelmj)]