users@glassfish.java.net

HELP defining external JNDI resource

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 01:17:42 PST

Hi!

Is it possible to connect a MDB to an external server's Queue by defining an external JNDI resource?

On server A I've got a queue with jndi name "jms/Queue".

On server B I'd like it to be called "jms/RemoteQueue"
External resource settings:
JNDI Name: jms/RemoteQueue
Resource type: javax.jms.Destination
Factory class: com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialInitContextFactory (i'm not sure what it should be)
JNDI Lookup: jms/Queue

and I've added a property to this resource called "org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost" and it's value is the IP of the server

When I try to deploy my MDB which is supposed to be atached to "jms/RemoteQueue" there's a deployment warning:
com.sun.enterprise.connectors.ConnectorRuntimeException: JMS resource not created : jms/RemoteQueue

But in the JNDI browser I can see jms/RemoteQueue.

Please help, I'm stuck here! I haven't find any info on the internet on attaching a remote queue so far :(

thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'zoltan_kiss' (zoltan_kiss)]