users@glassfish.java.net

CycleRecoverable any good illustrations?

From: Kenneth Clark <kenneth.clark_at_skyetech.co.za>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 03:01:53 +0200

Hi all. I have been fighting with the infamous “cycle in XML graph” issue
described in HYPERLINK
"http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=13670"http://forums.java.n
et/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=13670

I used to manually code the break in the graph but this is leading to errors
as the current object model I am working with effectively references all the
data in all the objects which leads to a stack of cycles.

I came across the CycleRecoverable interface and thought it was a rather
nifty idea. The only problem I am having is that I have no clue as to the
best way to use this interface. In the initial idea by gadams00 the
onCycleDetected function allowed for the passing of the object into the
function their by allowing the instantiation of the object with the
properties.

Is the implementation of the onCycleDetected method supposed to be something
along the lines of

@Entity

Public class MyObject implements Serializable, CycleRecoverable {

  Private String id;

  Public MyObject(String id){

    This.id = id

  }

  public Object onCycleDetected(CycleRecoverable.Context context) {

    MyObject obj = new MyObject(this.id);

    return obj;

  }

}

(Excuse the incorrect syntax, it is 3am and I don’t feel like fighting with
the auto messer upper of the email client)

I have tried the @XmlTransient but the example only provides one
relationship and there is nothing on ManyToMany relationships. Any help in
the direction of examples of the best way to implement the CycleRecoverable
would be greatly appreciated. The primary purpose of the serialization of
these objects is for transmission using web services.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

________________

Thanks and regards

Kenneth Clark

Solutions Engineer

ShadowLogo.png

Tel: 27 (0) 11 679 3075

Fax: 27 (0) 86 647 4819

Mobile: 27 (0) 84 583 1348

Email: HYPERLINK
"mailto:kenneth.clark_at_skyetech.co.za"kenneth.clark_at_skyetech.co.za

Website: http://www.skyetech.co.za

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
20:04

image002.png