users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Log messages in b09-fcs

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 11:53:05 PST

No that is not what I'm doing, for purposes of testing I am using Sun's Java Web Server 7 update 1. The software load balancer and the DAS and the two node instances residing on a single box. The box is a server based quad core Intel with 8 gigs of memory. We are in the purpose of building another box to add additional instances to the cluster.

All instances have load balancing enabled include the single application for testing. I'm not really sure what the distinction is here if I have load balancing enabled on an instance but then I also need to enable load balancing for an application? So if I have load balancing for all instances but not the application only a single instance will ever service the application? Is that what this means?

For the presentation I'm using the JBoss Seam framework. So far we had been doing development with it using our single instance development profile and it appears fine. My understanding is that it should behave well in a clustered environment but as I mentioned before the documentation is a bit sparse when it comes to this.

 Hi samdoyle:

> This message you are seeing indicates that your
> cluster shape is changing. That means that an
> instance is stopping or dying or re-joining the
> cluster. Can you confirm that this is what you are
> doing?
>
> We have done a lot of testing of throughput against a
> normal healthy cluster and if you are experiencing
> poor performance there could be any number of reasons
> why.
>
> Perhaps you can describe in more detail what your
> setup looks like. What is your load balancer, what
> is your web server, how big is your cluster, etc.
>
> [#|2007-11-30T16:46:58.833-0500|INFO|sun-appserver9.1|
> javax.enterprise.system.stream.out|_ThreadID=23;_Threa
> dName=httpSSLWorkerThread-38081-0;|
> TEST:load called during reshape|#]
[Message sent by forum member 'samdoyle' (samdoyle)]