users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JavaMail: How to step into with NetBeans debugger?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 20:46:27 PST

> > addReverse only comes into play when you're
> > constructing or modifying a message
> > by adding headers one at a time. When the message
> > headers are parsed from a
> > stream, they're added in order.
> I am just trying to figure out what is happening, but
> I am reading messages not constructing them and when
> I step into getHeader I get that code with
> "addReverse". I'd really appreciate a way to always
> get them in the order presented.

addReverse is a local variable of the addHeader method.
It's hard to imagine how you're seeing it in the getHeader
method. Are you sure you're looking in javax.mail.internet.InternetHeaders?

When you find a message that has this problem, does the problem
reproduce with that message every time?

How do you know it's doing the wrong thing? Are you comparing the
raw MIME message data with the data you're getting from JavaMail?

It's probably time to look at mstor and how it's handling headers.
[Message sent by forum member 'shannon' (shannon)]