users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JavaMail: How to step into with NetBeans debugger?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 20:36:02 PST

> addReverse only comes into play when you're
> constructing or modifying a message
> by adding headers one at a time. When the message
> headers are parsed from a
> stream, they're added in order.
I am just trying to figure out what is happening, but I am reading messages not constructing them and when I step into getHeader I get that code with "addReverse". I'd really appreciate a way to always get them in the order presented.

> Are you reading the message using mstor?
Yes.

>It might be doing the wrong thing here
> when loading the headers into the InternetAddress object.
I will be spending a fair amount of time trying to figure out how this works. I will report back on what I learn.. However at first blush I doubt it.

As I said, I'm anylizing spam. Curse them and their families.
This reverse of recived headers seems to be happening about 1% of the time based on my testing so far.

I will post a test dataset that demonstrates this.

Compeltely irrelevant to this discussion is the fact that my code will become Open Source if it has any chance of harrassing the Spammers. All I want is to harrass them as much as they harass me.

Joe
[Message sent by forum member 'areeda' (areeda)]