users@glassfish.java.net

Problems installing Glassfish on Ubuntu

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 16:30:47 PST

I have tried installing Glassfish using apt-get install glassfish, and everything works fine except that whenever I hit a JSP I get an because the app server is unable to find org/apache/tools/ant/BuildListener or sometimes AntMain. The stacktrace indicates this is happening when compiling a JSP at runtime. This problem does not occur on my Windows installation.

I have also tried installing Glassfish using the directions shown here:
https://glassfish.dev.java.net/downloads/v2-b58g.html

This installs O.K. using the jar file for Linus, but when I try to run "asadmin" it tells me that I must run apt-get install glassfish, which puts me back where I started.

I was able to repro this problem using the hello.war file bundled with glassfish by hitting the default jsp page. Can anyone suggest anything to fix this?

Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'kevinmacdonald' (kevinmacdonald)]