users@glassfish.java.net

Re: glassfish in production - is it really free ?

From: Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart <pelegri_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 08:09:09 -0800

Sun is a large company and information flow in a large company sometimes
is not as good as one would like.

It is as Alexis says:

GlassFish is open source and fully usable in production for free.

SJSAS is Sun's distribution of GlassFish with a different installer. It
is also usable in production for free.

Sun sells support (including sustaining releases) under the SJSAS brand.

Feel free to point your Sun Salesman to either Alexis, myself, or John
Clingan. I'm the DE (Distinguished Engineer) overseing GlassFish,
Alexis is one of our SWI evangelists, John is the product manager for
Glassfish/SJSAS.

Hope this helps.

        - eduard/o