users@glassfish.java.net

EJB 3 Interoperability issue - need help

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:04:48 PST

Hi,

we've a strong problem with GlassFish v2 Interoperability. We are not able to connect remote to an EJB via plain CORBA. In chapter 15 of the EJB 3 specification it's clearly described, that a client have to be able to access an EJB 3 remotely via CORBA. There is a notice that this is independent of the language of the client. It may be Java, C++ or other languages.

We are looking around and found different documentations, but nothing of this works with GlassFish v2. Is there an open issue with CORBA interoperability in this GlassFish release?

The best introduction we've found here:
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/rmi-iiop/interop.html

We've tried samples with pure Java SE (without JEE jar files) but nothing works. Tried it with EJB 3 defined session beans and with the older EJB 2.1 bean style.

Please, can you provide us samples or a howto to make a session bean remote accessable via plain CORBA with GlassFish v2. This is a key feature for interoperability - not only for C++ clients, it's also necessary for efficient communication between different EJB containers from different vendors - like described in the JEE 5 spec.

Thanks in advance,
 Frank
[Message sent by forum member 'fmeili' (fmeili)]