users@glassfish.java.net

System setup recommendations

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 02:18:18 PST

Hi,

We're setting up a Glassfish cluster where we will run our application. When we need to upgrade our application we would prefer to get as short downtime as possible and a quick way rollback to the older version of our application.

We are thinking of using two clusters and upgrade and start one of the clusters while the other cluster still uses our old version, when we've verified the upgrade we'll shut down the cluster running the old version of our application. If there is a problem we can quickly switch back to the old version.

Do you have any recommendations how we should setup our system? Does our plan sound like a good idea? Would this be possible to do with just one cluster?

Thanks!

/Leo
[Message sent by forum member 'woel' (woel)]