users@glassfish.java.net

servlet context in a cluster

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 14:37:53 PST

HI All

I posted this qn in another thread but no replies Could anyone help me please
My problem is that I have a timer that i initialise using Servlet ContextListener now in a cluster I get errors saying timer is unavailable ......Could anyone help me out here I am sort of in a fix
I would want the timer to run only in one server instance but with a servlet context listener how do I do that? Is there some other way.

Caused by: javax.ejb.TransactionRolledbackLocalException: Exception thrown from bean; nested exception is: javax.ejb.EJBException: EJB Timer service not a
vailable
at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.checkExceptionClientTx(BaseContainer.java:3728)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.postInvokeTx(BaseContainer.java:3576)
at com.sun.ejb.containers.BaseContainer.postInvoke(BaseContainer.java:1354)
... 80 more

Cheers
PRiya
[Message sent by forum member 'priyasubu' (priyasubu)]