users@glassfish.java.net

changing JDBC resources programmatically

From: Glenn Holmer <gholmer_at_weycogroup.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:49:11 -0600

We switch some of our web sites from reading databases on one AS/400 to
a different one during night operations, and I see that I can do that
easily with a script that just deletes and re-creates the JDBC resource
so that it points to the pool for one or the other AS/400s.

What's the least painless way to make that take effect? Restart the
app? re-deploy the app? restart Glassfish? other? Glassfish itself is
running on Linux boxen.

Glenn Holmer                          gholmer_at_weycogroup.com
Software Engineer                        phone: 414-908-1809
Weyco Group, Inc.                          fax: 414-908-1601