users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Un-logged shutdown

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 08:02:34 PST

Unfortunately no, I haven't been able to reliably reproduce the problem and I don't have any indication of when it is likely to happen.

Maybe I'm working with a bad assumption that start and stop events are symmetric. As I went through my server log I see more start events than stop events, approximately 23 to 4. When I say start/stop events I'm looking specifically at the log event that specifies all the vm parameters followed by the classpath "C:/Sun/Appserver/lib/appserver-lauch.jar" and the class "com.sun.enterprise.server.PELaunch" being invoked with either a "start" or "stop" option.

I should add that we've only had to restart our AS on three occassions, so there must be some other explanation for the discrepancy between start and stop events. If you can offer one it would be much appreciated.
[Message sent by forum member 'martin_woolstenhulme' (martin_woolstenhulme)]