users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Client side JPA query

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 15:50:07 PST

Marina,

Yes, the named queries are trivial. I can map a servlet to a named query or the client can send a String to identify the exact query to execute. Right now the client is serializing and sending a query object to the server. The query object only contains four fields so translating this to JPAQL is also trivial.

My concern is that when the requirements grows and the client needs to generate complicated dynamic queries. Having the client serialize JPAQL and send to the servlet does not feel right. However, adding fields to a query object over time will not scale and will end up creating some type of ad hoc query language of its own.

Thanks,

Greg
[Message sent by forum member 'gregburrow' (gregburrow)]