users@glassfish.java.net

Client side SQL query

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 14:55:37 PST

I apologize ahead of time if this is not the correct forum...

My application uses an applet on the client side communicating to the server side using servlets. Direct communication between the client and server side DB is not possible (firewall issues). The client serializes a simple query object which is then mapped to a JPA named query on the server side. Results are serialized and sent back to the client. For simple queries this works great, but I don't see this scaling to more complicated queries. Sending raw SQL from the client side does not seem like the correct solution.

Any recommendations or best practices for applications of this type?

Thanks,

Greg
[Message sent by forum member 'gregburrow' (gregburrow)]