users@glassfish.java.net

COMMUNITY HELP: GlassFish v3 load balancer enhancement feedback

From: John Clingan <John.Clingan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 23:07:24 -0800

First, I'd like to thank the community for providing very good
feedback to date.

I'd like to get community feedback on the load balancing plugin that
is used with GlassFish (https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/build/GlassFish_LB_Cluster.html
#install_web)

How could we improve load balancing? Please give some explain with a
some level of detail. Examples:

o Offer a stand-alone load balancer (ex: written in Java) so a web
server is not required. Perhaps the V3 nucleus + Grizzly + (whatever
else is required)

o Enhance the existing C-based load balancing plugin (currently for
Sun Web Server, Apache and IIS). What enhancements should we make?

o Better integration with and support of mod_jk

o The existing load balancing plugin works just fine. Spend resources
improving other aspects of GlassFish.

o Other? [Insert your thought here]

Thanks.