users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Distribution of files in a cluster env

From: Pankaj Jairath <Pankaj.Jairath_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 18:48:56 +0530

Hello,

For every config created, let's say <your-config-name> (as represented
in domain.xml) DAS creates a directory -
<domain-root>/config/<your-config-name>. DAS synchronization mechanism
facilitates synchronization of all files under this directory to
instances that refer to this <your-config-name>.
So for the case <config-name> is a cluster config, instances referring
to this config would be sync'd up for files stored under this directory.
This occurs upon server lifecycle events initiated by the end user, like
start or stop.
You can check the sync'd up files under
<node-agents-root>/<your-node-agent>/<instance-name>config/<your-config-name>/

Ensure that you pass the following option : --syncinstances=true, while
start the controlling node agent; via start-node-agent command.

regards
Pankaj