users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish guessnumber sample

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 05:08:41 PST

Hi,

I installed glassfish latest version along with JSF 1.2_07. The problem is when i try to run the sample guessnumber program which comes with JSF 1.2_07 it does not work. If i run the sample that came with JSF 1.1 it works.

I checked and found the difference to be the way the greetings.jsp has been written. The latest JSF 1.2_07 sample uses the following piece of code in the jsp also web.xml says this is web-app version 2.5

      xmlns:jsp="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page"
      xml:lang="en" lang="en">
<jsp:output doctype-root-element="html"
            doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Trasitional//EN"
            doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"/>
<jsp:directive.page contentType="application/xhtml+xml; charset=UTF-8"/>

The older JSF 1.1 was web-app version 2.3 and it used a simple <html> tag.

Can you please help me on how to run the latest piece of code? What changes I should make?

thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'jrkdany' (jrkdany)]