users@glassfish.java.net

Trying to install glassfishv2

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 08:42:29 PST

I downloaded the following jar file [b]glassfish-installer-v2-b58g.jar[/b]. after I followed these instruction (see below), I supposed to get a [b]bin[/b], [b]config[/b] and [b]domain[/b] directories, but I don't see them ... Can anyone help me with this.

Thanks.

To install and configure GlassFish you need to have JDK 5 or JDK 6 installed on your system. The configuration processing depends on Ant (1.6.5). The bundle includes an Ant distribution that has been extended with tasks to facilitate developing Java EE 5 applications for the application server.

Download one of the bundles to disk, set JAVA_HOME to the JDK you have installed on your system.

Run:
   % java -Xmx256m -jar filename.jarThis command will unbundle GlassFish and create a new directory structure rooted under a directory named 'glassfish'.
 % cd glassfishIf you are using a machine with an operating system that is a derivative of UNIX(tm), set the execute permission for the Ant binaries that are included with the GlassFish bundle.
% chmod -R +x lib/ant/bin% lib/ant/bin/ant -f setup.xml OR for Windows:

% lib\ant\bin\ant -f setup.xml For GlassFish V2 with Clustering supported installation, just change step 4 from the above installation

% lib/ant/bin/ant -f setup-cluster.xml OR for Windows:

% lib\ant\bin\ant -f setup-cluster.xml [b][/b]
[Message sent by forum member 'yacin' (yacin)]