users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Fedora Core 8 problem

From: David Heffelfinger <dheffelfinger_at_ensode.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:08:21 -0500

Fedora 8 by default uses a custom JVM based on OpenJDK called IcedTea.

I had problems trying to install or execute GlassFish with this JVM.

Are you really sure you are using Sun's JDK 1.6.

Just to make really sure, you should set JAVA_HOME to point to the location
of Sun's JDK 1.6 and modify your PATH so that Sun's JDK is found before
IcedTea.

David