users@glassfish.java.net

Re: sun-resources.xml

From: Sivakumar Thyagarajan <Sivakumar.Thyagarajan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:32:19 +0530

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> [i]or a mechanism to bundle the resource-definitions along with the application and
> automatically getting the resources created during application deploy...If it is the latter, unfortunately that feature is not available for public use,
> at this point in time.[/i]
>
> I want what I can't have. I want to turn-off auto-queue-creation, and create the queues in the ear.

Ok. I understand. If you still want to turn off automatic creation of
destinations, you may want to refer to
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-4467/6n6k98bqs?l=en&a=view#gbnof for this.

If you are interested there are public JMX APIs that allow you to create
destinations in the OpenMQ broker
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-7758/6n9mbpn07?a=view#gbxrq
You could plug code to create the relevant destinations when the app is init'ed
or started. However, pls note that this is non-portable and would work only with
GlassFish/OpenMQ

> I suppose the problem with creating queues in the ear, even if it were supported, is that they might get un-deployed during an upgrade.

Yes. So the only option available as of today, is to
- use asadmin multi-mode
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-3662/multimode-1?a=view
- create a script file that would create/purge the destinations as your case may
be and deploy the app

Thanks
--Siva.