users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish v2 on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard ($25 Bounty)

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 11:47:12 PST

[u][b]To summarize:[/b][/u]

The JMX connector in Glassfish has problems resolving the proper IP of my computer when I am on wireless, and as a result Glassfish will not start.

So far the best solution is a workaround to simply disable jmx, which in my case is fine since my computer is a development machine and I dont need remote server administration.

Specifically, change the following line in the [b]domain.xml[/b]

<jmx-connector accept-all="false" address="0.0.0.0" auth-realm-name="admin-realm" enabled="[u][i][b]true[/b][/i][/u]" name="system" port="8686" protocol="rmi_jrmp" security-enabled="false">

[b]enabled="false"[/b]

Hope this helps. Please post if you run into the same error on Leopard, I am not sure if this issue is related to my machine only or every Leopard Mac running on wireless.
[Message sent by forum member 'arjunlall' (arjunlall)]