users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish v2g on Mac 10.5 Leopard

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 05:00:08 PST

Arjun,
> When I disable the JMX Connector it works. I will set
> aside some of the bounty for you.

Yeah! How do I make sure it is tax-deductible :) ?

> What functionality does the JMX Connector have? My
> webapp seems to run without any problems when it is
> disabled. Does it have any value in a development
> environment or is it only necessary for an actual
> server deployment?

JMX Connector is to manage the server remotely. Have you heard of/seen
JConsole? It is the "standard" JMX Tool to manage the functionality of the
server that is JMX-remote-capable. GlassFish is JMX-remote-capable. The
standard way to do this is through the so-called RMI connector which is
integrated into Java SE 5.0! GlassFish just leverages that fact.

So, you are right, what you lose by not having JMX Connector is the ability to
remotely manage the server and if that's OK for you as a work-around, you can
use it.

I'd still like to understand this as this problem is more specific to Mac OS X than
anything else.

Regards,
Kedar
[Message sent by forum member 'km' (km)]