users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish v2g on Mac 10.5 Leopard

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 04:40:04 PST

> As you can see it always binds to 169.254.203.185
> (en0) which is my ethernet card. This explains why
> when I run while plugged in it works, but when on
> wireless it doesn't resolve the IP from en1 and
> instead uses the IP assigned to en0. (The other
> adapters are my firewall and virtual adapters for
> Parallels, I have disabled them and tried before but
> it didnt make a difference)

There is something funky going on here. Is your AirPort turned off by
any chance? For me, with a similar looking ifconfig, it always
works with AirPort turned on. It always fails with a similar error
(Cannot bind to URL [rmi://169.254.115.198:8686/management/rmi-jmx-connector]:)
when AirPort is turned off.

BTW, it fails in JMX Connector for some reason that I should investigate, but if you
disable the system-jmx-connector, you should be able to make progress.

Thanks,
Kedar
[Message sent by forum member 'km' (km)]