users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Newbie: Trying to understand first and maybe contribute in the future

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 18:03:57 PST

Hi Kenny,

I agree, there are different instruction to compile different versions of GlassFish. It's a confusing. I would suggest that you use maven 1.0.2 to compile GlassFish V2. maven 2 and svn is used to checkout and compile GlassFish V3. I think you should build GlassFish V2 following the instruction in the first link I provided. It should be straight-forward. GlassFish V2 is a released version so the build is stable.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

Thanks,
Jane
[Message sent by forum member 'janey' (janey)]