users@glassfish.java.net

How to refresh resources at ruttime?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 13:27:54 PST

We need to refresh (reread) certain resources, basically, configuration from .properties files, at runtime. Using autodeployment and changing the contents of those files has no effect - and I can't find any place where they get copied by Glassfish for deployment (do they?). It looks like they are cached and only picked up upon server restart. Interestingly, though, classes are refreshed and new versions are taken upon modification. Can this be accomplished for resources other than classes?
[Message sent by forum member 'vladchuk' (vladchuk)]