users@glassfish.java.net

EJB applicaton package naming

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 08:57:59 PST

Hi,

Can someone give some tips where I can find package naming recommendations/conventions? We're currently building an ejb3 application and as more and more functionality comes in we need to add new packages to separate different kinds of functionality.

Some questions I need to find answers for:
Do you usually put interfaces in different packages than implementation classes?
We currently have a model, util and webservice package and need to add a package with common business logic which are used by webservices and other session beans. Is this a DAO package or facade package or do you have another naming suggestion?

Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions!
[Message sent by forum member 'woel' (woel)]