users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish V3 planning - What do *you* want in GlassFish V3?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 07:50:06 PST

---->Performance<----
I see a lot of good things in GF2 and would like to try out the clustering features on some small machines.

Right now many parallel jvm instances are needed each needing a rather high heap size..

In GF2 it seems, correct me if I'm wrong, like the server either runs like an engine or not at all...

For platform testing, small J2EE applications and student projects it would be nice if small machines could run GF at the expense of slower performance of course.

--->Easier installation<---
To continue from my last point being able to get the server to start working is fundamental for further evaluation of GF as platform.

I hope future releases of GF will make friends with the OS, like be able to read or setup the hosts file, environmental variables etc.

--->J6EE reference server<---
I really look forward to check out the next enterprise edition, and I hope that the new specifications will be implemented quickly.
[Message sent by forum member 'slingblade' (slingblade)]