users@glassfish.java.net

Recipes for AJAXily talking to SLSB?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 08:50:41 PST

This information is hard to find, and I'm hoping it's just because I don't really know where to look.

I am looking into doing a dojo-centric web client that would be calling, ultimately, several already-developed stateless session beans hosted on Glassfish.

dojo, like other rich client toolkits, would vastly prefer you to be calling a simple HTTP address that kicks back relatively simple XML or JSON.

From my bashing about in the JEE documentation and tutorials, it would appear that EJB3 would vastly prefer you to expose your SLSBs as SOAP endpoints (if you're going to talk to them as web services in the first place).

I get the sense that uniting these two worlds is possible, but somewhat annoying. Could someone point me to a cookbook/recipe/tutorial that would, first of all, show me how to expose my session bean as a non-SOAP web service? I can probably take it from there.

Best,
Laird
[Message sent by forum member 'ljnelson' (ljnelson)]