users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Leveraging --libraries programmatically

From: Hong Zhang <Hong.Zhang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 10:11:15 -0500

The current JSR88 API does not have the ability of accepting user
options like "libraries". The main reason that we are deprecating AMX
API is that it is not very easy for user to directly code with it (it
will need some amount of work to get it work for complex case). We are
thinking to publicize the DeploymentFacility API (which was built on top
of AMX API, and has handled some of the plumbing for user) in v3 to
address some of the limitations we have with JSR88 API. Currently the
DeploymentFacility API is being used internally by admin cli/gui and
netbeans plug in.

Thanks,

- Hong