users@glassfish.java.net

Connecting to DB2 database on a mainframe

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 07:39:18 PST

In experimenting with Sun Application Server(glassfish). I set up a datasource pointing to the non-mainframe database you sent me using the Sun DB2 type 4 drivers(IBM type 4 drivers unsupported at this time). I also set up a datasource pointing to a test database on the mainframe. (where all of our actual databases are) When I test the non mainframe connection it works fine. When I test the test connection on the mainframe I get this error:

[sunm][DB2 JDBC Driver]The databaseName connection property is not valid when connecting to Host Operating Systems.

For a mainframe connection. Is there an additional or different property that I should be using? Are there any differences between how a mainframe connection is set up or established vs. a non-mainframe? Thank you.
[Message sent by forum member 'sbeard' (sbeard)]