users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish v2 with ASLB & IIS

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 10:21:57 PST

I know that the aslb plugin is not [u]supported[/u] on IIS with Glassfish v2, but should I assume that it should work functionally to some degree? Otherwise, why make the plugin?

I've been trying endlessly to get the ISAPI plugin to load in IIS 6.0 via the instructions at http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-3679/gchvt?l=es&a=view and the sun-passthrough.dll never loads.

I get two errors in the even log:

1.) The HTTP Filter DLL C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\sun-passthrough\sun-passthrough.dll failed to load. The data is the error.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

2.)Could not load all ISAPI filters for site/service. Therefore startup aborted.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I've searched the internet and have found no account of anyone successfully using Glassfish (v1 or 2) with IIS and the ASLB plugin. I would really like to be able to use this plugin vs isapi_redirect (mod_jk) so that glassfish manages the plugin configuration (loadbalancer.xml) instead of relying on network operations folk to modify and maintain a workers.properties and uri.properties.

My questions are:

1.) Has anyone gotten the aslb plugin and IIS 6 to play together nice?

2.) Could you post a detailed howto on what you ended up doing to get it all set up?

TIA!

Andrew Replogle
[Message sent by forum member 'areplogle' (areplogle)]