users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish Classloader for JSF

From: Ryan Lubke <Ryan.Lubke_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 09:20:23 -0800

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hello,
>

> In our application we use MyFaces Tomhawk library for JSF implementation, which is not JSF 1.2 complaint.
>
> Glassfish app server loads by default JSF 1.2 library. That is, it is put in the class path ahead of our web app.
>
> However, our web app uses MyFaces Tomhawk libraries that are not 1.2 compliant, and hence need to run with JSF 1.1.
>
> How can I override this JSF 1.2 loading to load our JSF libraries?

In short, you can't as it would break compatibility with the EE spec.

As to Tomahawk not working with 1.2, this isn't true. I know of several
people using
Tomahawk successfully with 1.2 (it's backwards compatible with 1.1).

If you're having issues with the components, make sure you're on the
latest version (1.1.6 I think),
after that, if problems persist, let us know.