users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish V3 planning - What do *you* want in GlassFish V3?

From: Tim Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 09:47:25 -0600

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Isn't there an issue about the size of the jars needed by Java Web Start clients of EJB3 beans. Would be nice to see improvements in a similar vein as the streamlining/simplification going on with the Consumer JRE and with JavaFX.
Indeed there is, and it's been written about extensively and improving
this is very high on our list for V3. It's actually an issue whether
the client is launched using Java Web Start or not, but it's definitely
more visible that way.

We will not be able to take full advantage the improvements coming in
the JRE because V3 won't be able to assume a suitably advanced JRE.
Having said that, the modular approach that permeates V3 will drive this
improvement in the client to reduce the number and size of JARs needed.

- Tim