users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Autodeploy results in resource not available message

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 07:52:41 PST

I've done some more testing and I think I may be zeroing in on the issue.

It would appear that the problem only comes into play when I try to use the virtual server name to access the web app. On this system, I have 3 different virtual servers defined and a different web app is served by each.

If I use, in my case, localhost:33380/testapp/index.faces then everything works fine when I autodeploy my testapp.war.

If I autodeploy and then try to access using the virtual server for this web app, I get the resource not available message.

So
[b]myhostname:33380/testapp/index.faces[/b]
works fine after autodeploy

However
[b]myhost.domain.net:33380/testapp/index.faces[/b]
returns the resource not available message after autodeploy, but works fine after manual redeploy.

I would say this indicates I have not setup my virtual server stuff correctly and I need to go down that road to see what I did wrong.

I am still not sure what is different between autodeploy and manually redeploy that would cause the results to be different.
[Message sent by forum member 'jstorta' (jstorta)]