users@glassfish.java.net

Autodeploy results in resource not available message

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 18:26:16 PST

I have a fairly basic JSF web app. Only a single form with some javascript validation and a class to send an e-mail once the form is submitted.

My build.xml creates the WAR file and then copies it to the autodeploy directory for the domain. After seeing the WAR get deployed, I try to load the site in a browser and I get a 404 message.

The requested resource () is not available.

If I take that exact same WAR file and use the Glassfish admin console to Redeploy it, everything works fine.

I get no log messages of any kind using either method and as far as I can tell the autodeploy is working fine, but something must not be working right behind the scenes.

I would say that it is something with the app itself, but since I can manually redeploy the same WAR and have it work fine, I have to think it is something with the autodeploy feature or my app is messing up the autodeploy feature.

If anyone has any ideas of where I can look to even try to get more information I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
[Message sent by forum member 'jstorta' (jstorta)]