users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Maven2 Repository

From: Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.connolly_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 13:44:53 +0000

it's usually given the id of java.net2 not java.net

most people use an id of java.net to refer to maven-repository.dev.java.net
while an id of java.net2 refers to maven2-repository.dev.java.net

I wish that the maven-repository.dev.java.net would just die as it's a
legacy repository and it would be better if there was only one
repository and some of the repository proxying tools were used to
expose it's contents as a Maven1 repository for those projects that
have not upgraded to maven2

If I had €0.01 for every time a Maven 2 build issue was caused by
artifacts being split across the two repositories or improperly
deployed artifacts in the Maven1 repository, i'd be well able to
afford quitting the day job.

-Stephen