users@glassfish.java.net

Re: sun-appserv-update fails

From: Jane Young <Jane.Young_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 18:58:35 -0800

Hi Gerald,

In your build.xml file, do you have a task that creates the app.ear archive?
The sun-appserv-update task is used to expedite your deployement by
copying the files that are modified in your development environment.
This task can only be executed on the same machine as the Application
Server.
Here's an example of sun-appserv-update task:

 <target name="update">
     <echo message="calling sun-appserv-update "/>
    <jar destfile="app.ear"
         includesfile="index.html ">
        <fileset dir="images"/>
        <fileset dir="jsp"/>
        <fileset dir="servlets"/>
        <fileset dir="WEB-INF"/>
        <fileset dir="META-INF"/>
    </jar>
     <sun-appserv-update
       file="app.ear" domain=domain1/>
  </target>

where the current directory is your development environment.
What sun-appserv-update task do is update the changes you made in your
development environment to the domain that is deployed to.

HTH,
Jane