users@glassfish.java.net

System security

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 11:42:38 PST

I am setting up a new Glassfish install on Debian. I have everything running fine. I need to run virtual servers. I understand the listeners and server on glassfish. I know how to use iptables to reroute port 80 to 8080. Here is my dilemma, I want to run the domains under a different user than root for security and I want to startup those domains at system startup. I have glassfish starting up automatically now, but not sure how to make all domains startup under their user name and how to create those domains under their user name.

Is Glassfish secure enough to run under root?

Thanks,

Tony Z
[Message sent by forum member 'keeperso' (keeperso)]