users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Custom Web-app Loader - How To?

From: Sivakumar Thyagarajan <Sivakumar.Thyagarajan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 19:49:47 +0530

Hi

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> To clarify, no I don't care about jar load order, nor do I want to add jars in docroot to the classloader path.
>
> I want to add the docroot directory itself to the web app classloader entries -- and to do so prior to the normal entries (WEB-INF/classes and WEB-INF/lib/*.jar).

I think the two statements above seems to contradict each other. I understand
that the libraries/classes in docroot cannot be placed in server classpath or in
a libraries classloader but "to do so prior" to webapp classloader entries
implies load order, right?

Why is this "load order" required?

You had also mentioned earlier that docroot needed to houses libraries for
applets and other clients and that you wanted to use the same libraries in the
webapp. Is this assumption correct? If yes, could duplicating the same jar in
docroot and WEB-INF/lib help?

Thanks for all the context you have provided so far.

Thanks
--Siva.