users@glassfish.java.net

Server instance instance1 failed to startup. Please check the server log

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 07:07:34 PDT

Hi

This is the first time I have ever come across glassfish & I have to set up a clustered pair, which I am finding very difficult. I have installed the version glassfish-installer-v2-b58g.jar downloaded from the glassfish website. I got domain1 up and running without issue, I then followed the instructions as per http://blogs.sun.com/technical/entry/2_machine_cluster_setup_cli including the comment to make sure that was not the issue. I'm running Java version:

java -version
java version "1.6.0_03"

I have been looking for the errors using google and tried bug fixes & anything I have found here too, it is running on Fedora Core 6 Linux & some of the more common issues I have tried are:

I have disabled iptables for now to make sure it is not a port issue.

The /etc/hosts file looks like:

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
::1 localhost.localdomain localhost
123.65.43.21 backupserver localhost.localadmin localhost
123.45.67.89 myserver myserver.mydomain.com

The domain starts without issue, the node starts without issue, but the instance does not start. It would appear to be an issue with the JmsResourceAdapter according to the instance logs, however, as I understand it this is in-built with the glassfish installation.

I can telnet to the port 7676 for JMS from the machine with the following results:
telnet 123.45.67.89 7676
Trying 123.45.67.89...
Connected to myserver (123.45.67.89).
Escape character is '^]'.
101 imqbroker 4.1
portmapper tcp PORTMAPPER 7676 [imqvarhome=/opt/glassfish/domains/domain1/imq,imqhome=/opt/glassfish/imq,sessionid=103043837047349248]
cluster_discovery tcp CLUSTER_DISCOVERY 52798
jmxrmi rmi JMX 0 [url=service:jmx:rmi://armadillo/jndi/rmi://myserver:8686/myserver/7676/jmxrmi]
admin tcp ADMIN 45418
jms tcp NORMAL 55712
jmsdirect none NORMAL 0
cluster tcp CLUSTER 59571
.
Connection closed by foreign host.

I would appreciate it if someone could assist in getting this working. I have attached my log files.
[Message sent by forum member 'marketguard' (marketguard)]