users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Custom Web-app Loader - How To?

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 20:25:35 -0400

Hi Jess,

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> I did a little digging in the Glassfish source.
>
> Lo and behold it uses the same old classes from Tomcat that I subclass and extend, namely org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader, org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext, and org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappLoader.
>
> Is there a simple way I can tell Glassfish to use my own subclasses of these classes for my web app [as there is for Tomcat]?
> [Message sent by forum member 'jess_holle' (jess_holle)]

I don't think this is doable as I've never ported the functionality from
Tomcat, and I suspect (I might be wrong, I need to investigate) we
forked before the feature was added. Let me take a look at it and I will
come back to see how difficult it will be enable it in GlassFish.

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois