users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Custom Web-app Loader - How To?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 15:54:02 PDT

First off I'd rather not modify the classloading of all deployed applications -- I am trying to avoid that.

Secondly what would modifying classpath-prefix do? Would it put each web app's docroot at the front of *its* loader? If so, that's of interest in the interim. On the other hand, if this puts my web app's docroot in a higher classloader then this is a non-starter as the classes loaded from my docroot depend on classes in WEB-INF/lib/*.jar and thus these must all be in the same classloader -- and I don't want to have to change the config every time something else gets added to WEB-INF/lib.
[Message sent by forum member 'jess_holle' (jess_holle)]