users@glassfish.java.net

Custom Web-app Loader - How To?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 18:45:09 PDT

I have a web app which needs to have its docroot visible to the web app classloader [i]immediately before[/i] WEB-INF/classes and WEB-INF/lib/*.jar.

In Tomcat I do this easily enough by doing some trivial subclass extension of the web app loading classes and calling out my extended classes as part of my web app deployment XML.

Is any similar approach possible for Glassfish?

I know about the extra-class-path bit in sun-web.xml -- that helps but it [i]appends[/i] to the web app classpath rather than inserts, which is a critical difference in this case.
[Message sent by forum member 'jess_holle' (jess_holle)]